Monday, December 10, 2012

Wrapping Up

This project has been an interesting experience for me.  Initially I had no idea how to create and maintain a blog, but it turned out to be easier than I had thought.  I was able to learn a few skills in the process, and it forced me to work on a project I had been putting off: the vermicomposting bin (I plan to update with pictures of the worms once they arrive). It was also interesting to see the different directions that everyone went in with their blog. Overall, this class has motivated me to examine my own habits, and to think seriously about the consequences of my actions on our environment.  It's made me realize that sacrifices are necessary but that I can still maintain a high quality of life, and helped me see connections in the environment I didn't realize were there.  As John Muir once said, "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe".    

No comments:

Post a Comment